Friday, September 11, 2009

Hotel Rooms

Many of you have asked what hotels are available in the area and I've told you that I'm working on getting a block of hotel rooms at a discount rate for you. Here's what's going on with that.

I have a travel agent friend who contacted the hotels and got quotes from them and I'm supposed to call her back today and tell her what I think about those quotes. The truth of the matter is that the quotes they gave her are the same as what's on the website and so it's not any sort of discount at all. So I'm going to call her back today and talk to her about it and see what can be done.

Now, given that we get that all sorted out, I need to know from all of you how many rooms you need and how many people will be in your room. Now some of you have already told given me that information, but it would be very helpful to me if you gave it to me again either in your RSVP (look in the mail this coming week for your invitations!) or in an email or by commenting here. If you are a single person willing to share a room, also please let me know--and if you know who you want to share a room with, let me know that too.

Thanks for your patience with me. I'll let you know how that conversation with my travel agent friend goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment