Friday, September 18, 2009

God is Generous

So that's been the thing I've been learning the last year. At the risk of sounding like a moocher and free-loader, we've received money from people (sometimes people we don't know well, or people we knew well a long time ago but have fallen out of touch with, and sometimes close friends and our loving family) when we needed it the most, we've gotten cars, and we are well-fed, we've gotten clothes and shoes as gifts at just the right time...

And now we're planning a wedding with a tight budget and a tight schedule and so many things are falling into place.

I confess that I am not a person who easily believes in prayer. My whole Christian life, I have been quick to study and talk about and teach doctrine, and I love the Bible and delving into its depths. But me and prayer, I do it because I believe God loves me, but many prayers are acts of the will where I actively choose to believe that the infinite God would be mindful of me. But God, over and over and over again proves to me that he is attentive, faithful, and generous.

I'll have more wedding details hopefully Monday or Tuesday. Keep checking the blog, and when those contracts are signed and sealed, I'll let you know.

And if you are the kind of person who prays, Praise God because he is generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment