Thursday, February 4, 2010

Michael's New Favorite Song

We have a lot of good friends. A lot of good friends who, for our wedding and for Christmas, gave us iTunes cards with which to indulge our musical sensibilities. Maybe yous know that Michael and I are really into music. Maybe you don't. (I'm brewing up another post about this...)

Anyway, we've been choosing slowly, wanting this free music escapade to last. And after we heard "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" on the radio for about the one billionth time, we decided to buy the new Weezer Album. (We didn't know about the snuggie deal, so we bought it on iTunes.) We've always been Weezer fans--we've already decided to name our son Rivers--but the whole living in another country thing sort of disconnected us from the Weezer happenings. But we're back on track and Michael has not stopped playing Raditude since we bought it.

His new favorite song is "Can't Stop Partying." And he can't stop singing:

I can't stop partying, partying
I can't stop partying, partying
I gotta have Patron, I gotta have the beat
I gotta have a lot of pretty girls around me

Oh, I can't stop partying, partying
I can't stop, partying, partying
I gotta have the cars, I gotta have the jewels
And if you was me, honey, you would do it too


and rapping:

Party like tomorrow is my funeral
Gotta stop mixing alcohol with pharmaceuticals
And the unusual is the * usual


not that there is any mixing of anything with pharmaceuticals around here--or really partying of any kind--but he is bouncing around the house and he can't stop "can't stop partying."


There's no official video yet, but you might want to check out the Chamillion version, the flute version, or the concert version.

No comments:

Post a Comment