Friday, June 5, 2009

I. Hate. Worrying.

But I do it all the time.  Anxiety is something that can take a hold of me and have me feeling like I'm rolled up in a ball on top of a high wall...shaking, knowing that someone or something can easily push me off.  

About two weeks ago I told Elena that I was feeling anxious about things and she encouraged me a whole lot and reminded me of some truths.  Less than two days later at a Sunday meeting (something that I didn't prepare by the way) we listened to a sermon on Matthew 6:24-34 - "Don't Be Anxious".  

Last week at my Sunday meeting, one of the brothers chose to sing the song "Seek Ye First".

Yesterday, June 4th, I read the Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest devotional, but I didn't read the right one.  I mistakenly read the July 4th one titled "One of God's Great 'Don'ts'" and the "don't" here is about fretting.  

Today's devotional, "God's Assurance" is about how "my assurance is to be built upon God's assurance to me.  God says, 'I will never leave you,' so that then I 'may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear''" (Heb 13:5-6).

All that to say, although it seems that there's a lot to worry about, I shouldn't. Rather, I should be assured by Father's assurance that He'll never leave me nor forsake me and I should seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. 

If you want to read those two devotionals, go to the link below and select July 4 and June 5 on the calendar on the left.



No comments:

Post a Comment