Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Business Trip

Okay, so it wasn't quite as "soul-sucking" as I imagined it would be.

  1. Dinner was great. Not only was the restaurant one of those chic-but-down-home-local places, the company was warm and witty.
  2. I took a shower in a full size bathtub, not in the small broom closet we have at home.
  3. Our meeting was not in an over-air-conditioned conference room, but in an (albeit over-air-conditioned) atrium filled with plants, a pond with coy, and a coffee bar.
  4. The weather was beautiful, and even though I didn't visit any farms or see any of the campuses, the mountains and the trees and the blue sky did me a whole lot of good.


But I am really glad to be home. I called Michael at least four times yesterday--when we got to the hotel/before dinner, after dinner, before I read Eldest, and before I went to bed. I called him this morning, too, when I woke up, and again before he left for work. Call it newlywed-whatever, but I do not care to repeat our long-distance experience.

So yeah, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. (Even the nine hours we spent in the car were much less awkward than I had feared.) My next trip probably won't be until November, I don't think. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment