Sunday, May 3, 2009

The week I met Elena

On a warm day in February 2008, I sat down to have lunch in a cafe.  A few minutes later, a group of people who I had met that week (Elena was in this group) and of whom are my friends now came in and invited me to eat with them.  During lunch, I told them about how the night before I had gone out to eat with some folks of whom one or two were linguists.  Then I told my friends that I thought linguists are fascinating people.  Right after that, one or two of them (maybe the whole table) said, "You need to talk to Elena.  She studies linguistics and talks about it all the time."  

So, Elena and I have kept in touch and after getting to know her I can say that I think Elena's a pretty fascinating person (and linguist) herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment